The Gate Operator is an adult trained position that runs from the time the track opens until it closes for the night. The Operator is in charge of ensuring there is another trained adult operator in charge prior to leaving their position for any reason
Operator of the starting gate
- Responsible for ensuring all riders are ready and safe for the gate drop.
- Manages crowd control at the top of the starting hill.
- Is trained in the mechanics and safety of gate operations.
- Communicates with turn supervisors to ensure track is clear before dropping the gate.
- Maintains order and control of riders on the Starting Hill to ensure they can focus on their safety.
- Is attentive and quickly reactive to situations to ensure safety of all riders.
On Race Nights:
In addition the the above mentioned, on race nights the Gate Operator is also:
- Performs a double check of riders in moto for correct gate position.
- Responsible for ensuring all riders are ready and safe.
- Makes 30’ foul calls.
- Ensures that all riders are ready for the start of the race.